I’m super-thrilled to announce that Omnibus Press will be publishing an updated, second edition of U2 – A Diary next year! This is all very much “hot off the press,” so I don’t have a ton of details yet, but here’s what I do know:
- We’re aiming to publish in mid-2011.
- The new edition will add three years of material: 2008 through 2010. (My deadline is end of January.)
- We’ll be asking U2 fans to contribute great photos for possible inclusion in the book, just as we did with the first edition.
- The second edition will include an addendum in the back with corrections and new entries that cover the 1950 to 2007 timeframe of the first book.
That’s about all I know at the moment. I’ve already updated this blog — you can check out the links above for more information, especially the FAQS page where I explain why we’re doing an update only three years after the first book was published. (Basically, because they’re running out of stock of the first book and, rather than re-print thousands of copies of a three-year-old book, it makes more sense to update the book and print those.)
I’ll be posting more frequently here on the blog over the next three months with progress updates and specific calls for help. I’ll be looking for help with:
- identifying errors/typos in the first book that need to be corrected
- identifying dates and events that were left out of the first book and should be added
- solving some of the unsolved mysteries that still remain from the first book
- photo contributions
So, please, if you’re interested in following along, feel free to bookmark this site or just subscribe to the RSS feed. And thanks in advance for your help, support, or interest!